Ni Hao everyone!
Well, this week has been super interesting...I have been pretty sick the past couple of days and yet I dont feel super duper tired...thank heavens..And then today we found out that one of our sisters is going home tomorrow due to medical reasons! it's super sad and I'm going to miss her alot.But on the bright side things have been really really good. I had another testimony of the gift of tongues this week.
My companion went in to surgery on thursday to get a couple of bone graphs done in order to fix her ACL and I had to teach a lesson basically all by myself. I was really really nervous and I had been practicing but I realized I had been using my comp as a big crutch during lessons and I really didn't feel I could do it. So I went into this lesson really thinking it wasn't going to go well and boy was I wrong!! As soon as the door opened I knew exactly everything to say and I actually had a really good conversation with the investigator. I then proceeded to teach him about prophets and the book of mormon and christ and even did an object lesson with him. Yeah, my chinese was super broken and probably bad but i distinctly remember sitting there and thinking "oh my gosh! i'm doing it! I'm teaching...I have no clue what I'm saying!" totally eye opener and testimony builder for me. It was wonderful. And so far it's been super smooth sailing.
I got sick on Sunday and it wasn't too bad..just a little bit of a runny nose and then on monday I felt even worse..Well, at the MTC they tell you that if you even feel a little sick go to sickbay and they will take care of you.....HA!!! You have to be perscribed to sickbay in order to be in sickbay....lame! So they told me to go home and take a nap. Of course I did but I felt like a huge bum. I was just thinking there was so much more I could be doing. But now I'm so glad. I slept for 2 hours and it was amazing...I had enough energy to go to class but the best has yet to even be explained! I asked my DL to give me a blessing because I was feeling really bad and oh wow! That was so cool...It's amazing to see these 19 year old men turn into men of God!
But that was really the jist of my week so far..just teaching and studying the language...oh so fun right???
Well everyone tell me about everything! I want to know all the nitty gritty details! I love you all so much and know that the church is true and I know Heavenly Father and his angels are watching over you!!
Sister Burton
I am so excited for you Tiff. p.s. I need your address to write you so I hope you get this message. :) Alyssa
ReplyDelete