Ni Hao!!!
Well this past week has been really really good. What they do here at the MTC is after just 2 days you start teaching an investigator and it's so hard because you can say all the words in English but you are stuck with the bare minimum in Chinese and you just can't get into much with the people. But I will tell you that even though it's kind of hard you can still feel the spirit so strong! All you have to say is "God loves you and you are his child and he wants you to be happy" and the reaction is amazing! You can feel the spirit through the little and basic things without going into detail!
But last Thursday my comp and I finished with that investigator... who turned out to be our second teacher! He is ok but super intense. He really pushes the language and really wants us to use it as much as possible. It's challenging and super hard but I love it with my whole heart! I'm really starting to fall in love with this work and it's just an amazing experience! We taught a lesson yesterday and it was just the first lesson and I came out of it feeling the spirit so strong! It's was really really cool.
The language is progressing well...I'm honestly not nervous about it! It doesn't come easily but I know the Lord will provide a way for me to learn it as long as I try my best!
Sunday was fast Sunday so we had a mission conference and then our own sacrament meeting, I went up with Sister Winters (who is from Georgia and is going to my mission...love her!) and she looked at me and was like.. if you go, I go! So 5 minutes before Sacrament ended we went and said our testimonies! I knew everything I wanted to say in English and right as I got to the pulpit I just knew all the words in Chinese to say! So I did it! It was so awesome! I just love this place so much.
In other news my comp has to get knee surgery because she doesn't have an ACL. So they are doing a bone graft on her this week...then she is going to recoup in the MTC and then go home for 3 months to get a ACL surgery and THEN head to Taiwan. We were really worried that earlier this week she would have to go home because of it. But the Lord works in wonderful ways and everything is working out just fine!
And I saved the best story for last! You all will love this so much! We have this thing called the "white bag" that each mission has to do in order to get their visa to go to Taiwan. To make a long story short...they basically need a sample of your #2...YES, your poop!!!! Yeah....if I had not been warned about it before the mission. I would have been shocked!!! But it was a hilarious experience over all!!
Other than that everything is going super well... thank you all for the love and support and send me letters please!! I've only gotten letters from 5 people including family, and I'm pretty sure I'm loved more than that.....Right?
I love you all bunches and bunches!!!
Bo Jiemei!
No comments:
Post a Comment