Sunday, April 15, 2012

Clutzy in Neihu with Sis. Finch

I will start from the beginning. Monday I got my awesome new companion who honestly is absolutely one of the best missionaries I have ever met in my life. Sister Finch just works her heart out and loves the work. It's really great to see. And I'm so tired!!! I have never worked so hard in a week and I have never been sooooo tired. It's been really fun to see how that works. But anyways, Monday we just didn't do much of anything and then went out to lunch with a bunch of missionaries and Calverts. The Calverts are one of the mission senior couples and Elder Calvert is our mission nurse. haha...He is a 70 year old british man who has my fathers humor and a heavy accent. It's absolutely wonderful. Hahaha. But after that we just headed home and unpacked and wrote letters until about 6. Then we headed out to go contacting! Woot!!! It was super fun...the best part was at the end of the night we ran to the grocery store real quick in order to buy some much needed cleaning supplies( because one of our air conditioning is FILLED with black mold and we have to get rid of that before we can use it.) That and it's starting to get hot! Did I mention my companion is basically a reptile. We come home at the end of the night and I turn on the air conditioning because I'm like burning up and she turns on the heater because she is freezing! It happens all the time. hahaha. I love it though! Anyways, while we were walking to the store it all of a sudden started pouring! My companion had a coat but I didn't......Yes, I have not been that soaked in a while. ahhaha...But it was a great story!

Tuesday was our temple tour day. Which also happened to be the day that all of the old missionaries were going home. So it was super fun to see my old companions. Haha. Sister Wu is really going to miss being a missionary..Probably for more of the social part because she is so tired all the time. But anyways, it's super weird to think that they are all home now living a non-missionary life. Crazy! Anyways...this week I have been a lot more accident prone than usual. I'm not sure why. But while doing temple tours I fell on the ground...hahaha...it was really funny and i got a scrape on my knee. Oh well! All in a days work. It's getting super hot here though..well it's starting too but I know in a just a few short weeks it will be getting worse.

Wednesday, we had interviews with the president and that was super nice. I love our mission President. He truly is so much fun! But on the way home from talking to him, I tripped while walking up the stairs...Let me tell you...that was beautiful and after  making sure I was ok..Sister Finch proceeded to laugh! haha! Did I mention I just love her! Haha. But yeah that was about all that happened on Wednesday. That and English class. Which is actually super fun..But I'm now really starting to realize that English is super Mafan! (annoying) People will ask me grammatical questions and I'm like...I don't know why it's said that way..it just is...hahaha...they dont really like that answer but they know that English is like that. Haha. Most of the time we just talk about random things in the class for about an hour and then I do a spiritual thought. They love just talking! Haha

Thursday was district meeting and we got a new district leader! His name is Elder Herrin and he was actually my district leader in my first area and he is really really good. But on the way to district meeting...You guessed it...I fell..hahaha...I literally fell on the bus..It was really ridiculous! I went to sit down and the driver must have thought...NO! Sister Burton! Don't sit down! So he made a really quick turn and i proceeded to fall into the space in between the row of seats. It was pretty fantastic to see and this time Sister Finch just proceeded to laugh...I don't know what she is going to do with me. hahaha. I will be lucky if I live this transfer.

Friday luckily was pretty normal and nothing really out of the ordinary happened that day. We had WPS and then just contacted a bunch and had a lesson that night. By the way, if I ever say anything and you don't understand what it means. just ask. :) The best thing that happened though is that Sister Finch was not feeling well and lets just say...she is pretty much a riot on NyQuil! haha..It just makes me appreciate her more.

Saturday and Sunday were pretty awesome though. We were able to find 3 new investigators and that was miracle! Especially since no one works in neihu..they just all live here. so it's hard to find people especially in the day and at night they all travel in packs of 3 or more..so it makes it awkward to contact. haha. but it's been an adventure.

Other than that, life is going pretty well, I have officially worn through 1 pair of shoes! haha. It's been fun but now they are dead and i will miss them. haha. oh funny thing i just thought of. So this week has been super sunny and filled with warm days. I started out on Sunday pretty white..and now i'mhahaha...But, Taiwanese people see being tan as a health issue.hahaha!!!! So at church on Sunday I was talking to member named chen rong rong who is one of the ysa's in the ward. And she proceeded to tell me that I looked SUPER tan and I needed to start wearing long sleeve shirts. Hahaha. I just laughed and told her that I would literally die if I did that because of missionary work. Hahaha. She laughed too and said she understood but it was weird. hahaha! Sister Finch even mentioned that I had gotten super tan really fast. It was super funny.

Anyways, other than that life is well here. I'm loving it and having fun and being happy. As far as the language goes, Sister Finch is a stinking genius and is only one her sixth transfer and is studying phase 3...which is all the characters in the triple combination. It's super crazy and she totally denies being smart...But we all know she is a Genius...But she is a humble genius and that's why she is so stinking smart. But she is helping me so much and for that i am truly grateful. She really pushes me with the language and helps me stretch I  will be done with phase 1 before the end of the transfer. Hahaha..I still don't understand a lot and I think that just comes with time but compared to how I was before I got to Taiwan, to now is a huge improvement! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment