Things have been going great. We have been working a lot of finding new people to teach this week and showing our love towards our investigators. We actually had lunch with one of them this last week and we all rode our bikes over to this restaurant. First off, did I mention how crazy taiwanese drivers are? well, it's pretty bad. But put them on a bike and it's seriously worse! I'm still shocked I wasn't hit by a car or anything. Haha.
Did I mention it was misting outside (which happens a lot actually) and my companion bikes with one hand and the other holding an umbrella!!!! Gah!!! She and I just laughed the whole way there. hahahaha! Then later on that week I bought a bye-bye book( a book people can write in when I leave or when they leave) and I thought it was super pretty on the outside. It was just all white. Then when I openned it, I noticed that it seriously is like a old grandma book! It's like those country cook books mom sent me when I was in Idaho. I was shocked! Haha! But I decided to keep it because it would have been super hilarious!
Unfortunately, other than that this week wasn't super exciting. The only other thing that really happened is that yesterday I finally felt like this ward knew how much I love them. I was able to actually talk to people in my broken Chinglish! It was really great and I finally feel like I'm progressing with the language.
I have learned something new about myself though. I really really don't do well with tests. It's actually really sad. They have phases to pass off with the language to kind of prove that you can speak it. and I'm on the first phase working on teaching the first lesson and I can seriously do it perfectly with my companion and in teaching appoinments, but as soon as I step in the room to pass it off to my district leader it's so stinkin bad. I can't think of anything and the language just doesn't come. It's kind of a big obstacle to overcome but I'm working on it!
2/20
Well, this week has been really amazing, I have loved it so much. We had so many training meetings though. It was absolutely ridiculous. But last p-day we headed out to have a some fun and went to this giant ferris wheel. Not gonna lie heights really freak me out but ferris wheels freak me out more! Gah! No worries, I lived through that experience. Then afterwards we ended up just going out for something to eat and then heading home. You would be shocked to know how long it takes to get from one place to another here.
Then this week we just had meetings and such. So nothing super exciting. But one of our investigators is getting baptized next sunday!!!!! Gah I'm so stinking excited for her! It's amazing to see how much Heavenly Father really helps out with this work. This last week in district meeting though we had a pretty fun experience. The District leader decided to be funny and bring some food that he wasn't willing to eat..which is saying a lot because he is half japanese and will really eat everything. But we decided to play a game of jenga to see who would have to eat this boiled egg...just fyi they hard boil their eggs is soy sauce here..and it's actually kind of gross. But one of the other elders actually lost! Hahaha! It's hilarious because he absolutely refused to eat it and it was hilarious trying to coax him into to doing it. He is by far one of the pickiest eaters I have ever endcountered and I'm shocked he has lasted for 4 transfers in Taiwan. It's really crazy here. But I love it.
Unfortunately this email is actually pretty short. We just haven't had anything super exciting happen this week except that one of our investigators is getting baptized!!! Her name is xiao jing and she is a members wife. She is only 23 and is about 3 months pregnant, but I'm so excited for her! She really loves this gospel and is one of the first people I actually taught! So it's nice to be able to see the work moving forward because I was able to help. I have included pictures and I wanted to tell you all I love you and life is good and the work is progressing and I'm still alive and speaking the language! I can't wait to call my family in May and just talk to you all and be speaking chinese!! Know I love you all and I'm thinking about you often!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment